Health, Safety and General Risk Assessment for the Care Profession
The two day course programme provides a broad coverage of health and safety legislation and how this impacts on the healthcare and social care environment. It will also give you the skills and confidence to undertake general risk assessments in the workplace.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is ideal for all care staff who need to have knowledge of health and safety, and who are required to undertake risk assessments.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- an informal ‘test’ on each day;
- a risk assessment to be completed in your own time and forwarded to your trainer.
Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for two years and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- describe the cost of incidents/accidents and the human, economic and legal reasons for preventing them;
- describe how reporting should be done internally and through R.I.D.D.O.R;
- describe relevant legislation and ‘codes of practice’ pertinent to the care profession;
- demonstrate skills & knowledge required to conduct risk assessments and identify risk control measures;
- demonstrate skills of recording risk assessment findings competently;
- describe briefly how accident/incident investigation works;
- describe and be able to contribute to audit and review of health and safety systems;
describe how effective health surveillance of staff works, and the importance of this role within the organisation.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|This 2 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 104 page full colour course text book.
The above and more are included in the price.