Working Effectively with Dementia
This one day workshop will deliver knowledge and skills for delegates to work effectively with dementia in the workplace.
Who Will Benefit?
This one day workshop is ideal for all environments where delegates may come into contact with people who have or have the symptoms of dementia.
Assessment and Certification
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for two years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
- understand what is Dementia, including the different types and statistics;
- understand some of early signs and symptoms of dementia;
- understand the causes of dementia and risk factors;
- understand the impact of dementia upon individuals, family and friends;
- be able to demonstrate how to work more effectively with individuals with dementia, including communication skills and tools to help difficult situations
By the end of the course you will:
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.
|This 1 day course is available in-house across the UK|