NEW People Handling Techniques Videos - Modules 1 - 3 NOW AVAILABLE!
Friday, 15th January 2021
EDGE Services are delighted to announce that Modules 1 - 3 of our new people handling techniques videos are available on the Resources Library.
The EDGE Services trainers spent time in August last year filming an extensive and thorough range of people handling techniques as a resource for our moving and handling 'Key Trainer' qualified delegates. These were made in direct response to requests received during the Spring 2020 lockdown to make a video resource available that would help make distance learning for the practical techniques a more viable option.
The new videos are split into five separate modules (Module 4 is in the final stages of audio editing and it is hoped will be available shortly. Module 5 was due to be filmed in January and has been delayed due to the lockdown). The modules enable EDGE-trained 'Key Trainers' (who hold a current certificate) to deliver practical people handling skills to their front-line colleagues remotely, via a video conferencing system such as Zoom, Teams or Hangouts. While they are not intended to take the place of supervision and monitoring of staff, the videos may reduce the amount of hands on contact that our key trainers are required to have when face-to-face training opportunities are more limited.
The modules increase in complexity as staff move up the modules and cover over 50 individual practical techniques in total. Techniques demonstrated and explained that don’t involve equipment include:
- • Getting the client ready to stand.
- • Sit to stand techniques.
- • Chair to chair transfer techniques.
- • Managing the slouched client.
- • Managing the falling client.
- • Assisted walking etc.
Techniques using of a wide range of equipment (both small handling aids and larger pieces of kit) that are demonstrated and explained include:
- • Managing the fallen client with equipment.
- • The use of handling slings and handling belts.
- • The use of turntables/rotating boards.
- • The use of transfer boards.
- • The use of rotating turners and perched transferring aids.
- • The use of slide sheets and in-bed turning systems.
- • The use of oval gliding boards.
- • The use of a very wide range of hoists and slings including a gantry hoist system etc.
We feel sure that the videos will prove yet another invaluable resource from the team at EDGE Services and we hope our clients/delegates enjoy using them.