North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Trusts
Wednesday, 19th October 2005
Infection Prevention and Control are everybody’s business. Today’s healthcare brings risks as well as benefits. No risk is more fundamental than the risk of infection.
Did you know that:
- One out of every nine patients treated in the NHS develop a healthcare associated infection (HCAI)
- 5,000 patients die every year as a result of a HCAI
- It costs the NHS over 1 billion each year
- The UK has some of the highest rates of MRSA in Europe
- Between 15-30% of HCAI are preventable?
This conference aims to aim awareness of how we can all work together and cross boundaries to prevent HCAI accross our healthcare economy.
Conference topics include: decontamination, outbreak control, antibiotic prescribing, CJD, tuberculosis, hand hygiene pilot projects in our local schools and isolation.
For further information about the conference contact [email protected] Details of how increase your staff’s infection control awareness can be found in our course index: EDGE services ‘Introduction to Infection Control Certificate’.