Children Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's Certificate (Refresher/Update)
To update your 'Key Trainer's Certificate' and to ensure that you keep abreast of new legislation and developments in manual handling, EDGE recommend that you attend a ‘Refresher/Update’ course at least every two years. This two day course will further advance your professional development and manual handling skills, and provide you with a valuable opportunity to trade experience with others.
Who Will Benefit?
This two day course is designed for those who have previously attended the EDGE ‘Children Handling and Risk Assessment Trainer’s Certificate’ or simliar course. If you have not previously been trained by EDGE you will be required to provide proof of your original qualification (please visit our FAQ section for further details).
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously throughout the course;
- informal Q&A throughout the duration of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for two years, endorsed by the College of Occupational Therapists and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- have been reminded of, and made aware of any relevant changes to legislation which affects you, your job, your employers and employees;
- have been reminded of the principles of biomechanics and how they can be applied to the efficient movement of children/young adults with reduced mobility;
- have been reminded about ergonomics and anthropmetrics as a means for the reduction of manual handling injury;
- have been reminded of the importance of risk assessment;
- have been reminded of the commonly known ‘controversial techniques’ and why some manouevres have been classified as such;
- have had the opportunity to practice up-to-date manual handling techniques and to review new handling aids;
- have had the opportunity to assess practical moves using current assessment tools.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|Birmingham19th – 20th Oct, 2017||19th – 20th Oct, 2017||£470||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 2 day course, anywhere in the UK|
|Up to 10 Delegates:||£1,950 + VAT||Make Enquiry|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 210 page professionally bound, full colour course text book.
- A 76 page professionally bound, full colour supplementary text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses.
All the above and more are included in the price.