Children Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate
This course has been designed in response to many requests by those involved in the moving and handling of children/young adults, be they in hospitals, special schools, social care services or supported living settings.
This four day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and handling of children/young adults and how to conduct manual handling risk assessments.
Who will Benefit?
This course is for those with a responsibility for health and safety and welfare of staff with regards to moving and handling of children and young adults with reduced mobility.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour 15 minute ‘open-book’ assignment to determine your theoretical understanding of the course content;
- completion of a risk assessment document based on a case study as a group activity;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
This course is quality assured and regulated as an Advanced Level 4 Customised Award by RoSPA Qualifications. Furthermore, it is a Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) Approved Learning Award, certified by the CPD Certification Service and aligned to the Skills for Health Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Upon successful completion of this training you will receive a certificate from EDGE Services and an Advanced Level 4 Customised Award from RoSPA Qualifications. Both certificates are valid for two years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of ergonomics and anthropometrics
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of up-to-date practical skills in the moving and handling of children/young adults in a care setting;
- to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
- This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.
|Brighton16th – 19th Jan, 2024||16th – 19th Jan, 2024||£905||Book|
|London30th Jan – 2nd Feb, 2024||30th Jan – 2nd Feb, 2024||£1050||Book|
|Birmingham27th Feb – 1st Mar, 2024||27th Feb – 1st Mar, 2024||£905||Book|
|Edinburgh23rd – 26th Apr, 2024||23rd – 26th Apr, 2024||£905||Book|
|Birmingham18th – 21st Jun, 2024||18th – 21st Jun, 2024||£905||Book|
|Brighton2nd – 5th Jul, 2024||2nd – 5th Jul, 2024||£905||Book|
|London3rd – 6th Sep, 2024||3rd – 6th Sep, 2024||£1050||Book|
|Birmingham5th – 8th Nov, 2024||5th – 8th Nov, 2024||£905||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 4 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A professionally bound, full colour course text book.
- A professionally bound, full colour supplementary text book.
- A page full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes all onward training materials (agendas, PowerPoints, notes, handouts, quizzes etc), additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools and four modules of moving and handling practical skills videos.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the price.