Children Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate
This course has been designed in response to many requests by those involved in the moving and handling of children/young adults, be they in hospitals, special schools, social care services or supported living settings.
This four day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and handling of children/young adults and how to conduct manual handling risk assessments.
Who will Benefit?
This course is for those with a responsibility for health and safety and welfare of staff with regards to moving and handling of children and young adults with reduced mobility.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour 15 minute ‘open-book’ assignment to determine your theoretical understanding of the course content;
- completion of a risk assessment document based on a case study as a group activity;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
This course is accredited as a Level 4 Award by RoSPA Qualifications. Furthermore, it is a Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) Approved Learning Award, certified by the CPD Certification Service and aligned to the Skills for Care Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Upon successful completion of this training you will receive a certificate from EDGE Services and a Level 4 Award from RoSPA Qualifications. Both certificates are valid for two years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of ergonomics and anthropometrics
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of up-to-date practical skills in the moving and handling of children/young adults in a care setting;
- to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
- This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.
|This 4 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 256 page professionally bound, full colour course text book.
- A 78 page professionally bound, full colour supplementary text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses.
- A 27 page full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the price.