Dementia Care Key Trainer’s Certificate
EDGE Services are one of the leading purveyors of health care training in the UK today. We are committed to developing your knowledge skills and confidence through professional, proven courses that have a direct impact on performance.
This two day course will provide delegates with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in awareness of dementia that can be adopted to deal with symptoms, challenges and how to work effectively.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for delegates whose staff may come into contact with adults who live with dementia.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a full case study, including report that will be completed during and following the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of achievement from EDGE Services which is valid for two years, as well as a RoSPA customised award Level 4 certificate.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand what is meant by the term dementia
- Understand and describe different types of dementia
- Understand the many potential causes of the different types of dementia
- Understand the signs and symptoms of the different types of dementia
- Understand the risk factors for the different types of dementia
- Understand some of the current and projected statistics about the incidence of dementia in the UK and worldwide
- Understand the impact of dementia upon the individual and those living with or caring for them
- Understand some of the main challenges facing those loving and working with dementia
- Understand and demonstrate effective strategies to assist staff working with people with dementia to reduce the impact of the challenges faced upon the individual and the carers and improve the quality of life of those with dementia.
- Understand the importance of recording and documentation
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the legal issues involved in working effectively with people with dementia
This unique service provides invaluable support to EDGE delegates after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries delegates may have once they return to work.
|London13th – 14th Feb, 2024||13th – 14th Feb, 2024||£440||Book|
|York2nd – 3rd Jul, 2024||2nd – 3rd Jul, 2024||£440||Book|
|Birmingham3rd – 4th Oct, 2024||3rd – 4th Oct, 2024||£440||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 2 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A full colour course text book.
- A Resource Library containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training,
- A full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips
All the above and more are included in the course price.