Inanimate Object Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's Certificate (Refresher/Update)
To update your 'Key Trainer's Certificate' and to ensure that you keep abreast of new legislation and developments in moving and handling, EDGE recommend that you attend a ‘Refresher/Update’ course at least every two years. This course will further advance your professional development and manual handling skills, and provide you with a valuable opportunity to trade experience with others.
Who Will Benefit?
This one day course is designed for those who have previously attended the EDGE ‘Inanimate Object Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate’ or similiar course. If you have not previously been trained by EDGE you will be required to provide proof of your original qualification (please visit our FAQ section for further details).
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a completed risk assessment form;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously throughout the course;
informal Q&A throughout the duration of the course.
This course is certified by the CPD Certification Service and aligned to the Skills for Care Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which valid for three years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- have been reminded of, and made aware of any relevant changes to legislation which affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- have been reminded of the principles of biomechanics and how they can be applied to the efficient movement of inanimate objects;
- have been reminded of ergonomics as a means for the reduction of manual handling injury;
- have been reminded of the importance of risk assessment;
- have had the opportunity to practise up-to-date manual handling techniques;
- have had the opportunity to assess practical moves using current assessment tools.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|This 1 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A full colour course text book.
The above and more are included in the price.