Inanimate Object Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's Certificate
In light of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations (as amended), 1992, this three day course will provide delegates working in the care sector with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the skills of safer handling of inanimate objects.
Who Will Benefit?
This three day course has been designed for those with responsibility for the health and safety of those staff who are involved in the moving and handling of inanimate objects within a care/education setting.
Asessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour ‘open-book’ test to determine delegates’ understanding of the course’s theoretical content;
- delivery of a group ‘mini’ training session in order to assess teaching skills and organisation, and delivery of appropriate course content;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously throughout the practical element of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which valid for three years and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of this course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of current legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand your vulnerability to injury when undertaking manual handling tasks;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an understanding of ergonomics and anthropometrics;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate the skills required to undertake manual handling manoeuvres more safely in your specific working environment;
- be able to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
Post Training Support
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|This 3 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 89 page full colour course text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses.
The above and more are included in the price.