People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate
Our flagship course has established EDGE as one of the leading providers of training to the healthcare and social care sectors.
This four day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and handling of people and in the conducting of manual handling risk assessments.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for those with a responsibility for health and safety and welfare of staff and clients with regards to the moving and handling of people.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour ‘open-book’ test to determine your theoretical understanding of the course content;
- delivery of a group mini-training session in order to practice teaching skills, organisation and delivery of appropriate course content;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for two years, endorsed by the College of Occupational Therapists and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of ergonomics and anthropometrics
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of up-to-date practical skills in the moving and handling of adults in a care setting;
- to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|York26th – 29th Sep, 2017||26th – 29th Sep, 2017||£750||Book|
|Birmingham10th – 13th Oct, 2017||10th – 13th Oct, 2017||£750||Book|
|London10th – 13th Oct, 2017||10th – 13th Oct, 2017||£880||Call Us|
|Edinburgh17th – 20th Oct, 2017||17th – 20th Oct, 2017||
|Warwick31st Oct – 3rd Nov, 2017||31st Oct – 3rd Nov, 2017||£750||Book|
|York7th – 10th Nov, 2017||7th – 10th Nov, 2017||£750||Book|
|Glasgow14th – 17th Nov, 2017||14th – 17th Nov, 2017||£750||Book|
|London21st – 24th Nov, 2017||21st – 24th Nov, 2017||£880||Book|
|Brighton5th – 8th Dec, 2017||5th – 8th Dec, 2017||£750||Book|
|Manchester18th – 21st Dec, 2017||18th – 21st Dec, 2017||£750||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 4 day course, anywhere in the UK|
|Up to 10 Delegates:||£3,900 + VAT||Make Enquiry|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 202 page professionally bound, full colour course text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses.
- A 27 page full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips.
All the above and more are included in the course price.