People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate
Our flagship course has established EDGE as one of the leading providers of training to the healthcare and social care sectors.
This four day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and handling of people and in the conducting of manual handling risk assessments.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for those with a responsibility for health and safety and welfare of staff and clients with regards to the moving and handling of people.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour, 15 minute ‘open-book’ assignment to determine your theoretical understanding of the course content;
- completion of a risk assessment document based on a case study as a group activity;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
This course is quality assured and regulated as an Advanced Level 4 Customised Award by RoSPA Qualifications. Furthermore, it is a Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) Approved Learning Award, certified by the CPD Certification Service and aligned to the Skills for Health Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Upon successful completion of this training you will receive a certificate from EDGE Services and an Advanced Level 4 Customised Award from RoSPA Qualifications. Both certificates are valid for two years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of ergonomics and anthropometrics
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of up-to-date practical skills in the moving and handling of adults in a care setting;
- to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|Manchester12th – 15th Dec, 2023||12th – 15th Dec, 2023||£905||Full|
|Birmingham18th – 21st Dec, 2023||18th – 21st Dec, 2023||£905||Book|
|York9th – 12th Jan, 2024||9th – 12th Jan, 2024||£905||Book|
|Oxford9th – 12th Jan, 2024||9th – 12th Jan, 2024||£905||Book|
|London16th – 19th Jan, 2024||16th – 19th Jan, 2024||£1050||Full|
|Glasgow30th Jan – 2nd Feb, 2024||30th Jan – 2nd Feb, 2024||£905||Book|
|Birmingham6th – 9th Feb, 2024||6th – 9th Feb, 2024||£905||Book|
|Edinburgh13th – 16th Feb, 2024||13th – 16th Feb, 2024||£905||Book|
|Exeter13th – 16th Feb, 2024||13th – 16th Feb, 2024||£905||Book|
|Manchester13th – 16th Feb, 2024||13th – 16th Feb, 2024||£905||Book|
|Middlesbrough20th – 23rd Feb, 2024||20th – 23rd Feb, 2024||£905||Book|
|London27th Feb – 1st Mar, 2024||27th Feb – 1st Mar, 2024||£1050||Book|
|Brighton5th – 8th Mar, 2024||5th – 8th Mar, 2024||£905||Book|
|Cardiff12th – 15th Mar, 2024||12th – 15th Mar, 2024||£905||Book|
|York19th – 22nd Mar, 2024||19th – 22nd Mar, 2024||£905||Book|
|Glasgow19th – 22nd Mar, 2024||19th – 22nd Mar, 2024||£905||Book|
|Peterborough25th – 28th Mar, 2024||25th – 28th Mar, 2024||£905||Book|
|Birmingham2nd – 5th Apr, 2024||2nd – 5th Apr, 2024||£905||Book|
|London9th – 12th Apr, 2024||9th – 12th Apr, 2024||£1050||Book|
|Edinburgh16th – 19th Apr, 2024||16th – 19th Apr, 2024||£905||Book|
|Oxford23rd – 26th Apr, 2024||23rd – 26th Apr, 2024||£905||Book|
|Middlesbrough21st – 24th May, 2024||21st – 24th May, 2024||£905||Book|
|Glasgow4th – 7th Jun, 2024||4th – 7th Jun, 2024||£905||Book|
|Peterborough11th – 14th Jun, 2024||11th – 14th Jun, 2024||£905||Book|
|Birmingham11th – 14th Jun, 2024||11th – 14th Jun, 2024||£905||Book|
|London18th – 21st Jun, 2024||18th – 21st Jun, 2024||£1050||Book|
|Manchester25th – 28th Jun, 2024||25th – 28th Jun, 2024||£905||Book|
|York9th – 12th Jul, 2024||9th – 12th Jul, 2024||£905||Book|
|Cardiff16th – 19th Jul, 2024||16th – 19th Jul, 2024||£905||Book|
|Edinburgh16th – 19th Jul, 2024||16th – 19th Jul, 2024||£905||Book|
|Oxford23rd – 26th Jul, 2024||23rd – 26th Jul, 2024||£905||Book|
|Brighton30th Jul – 2nd Aug, 2024||30th Jul – 2nd Aug, 2024||£905||Book|
|London13th – 16th Aug, 2024||13th – 16th Aug, 2024||£1050||Book|
|Birmingham27th – 30th Aug, 2024||27th – 30th Aug, 2024||£905||Book|
|Peterborough10th – 13th Sep, 2024||10th – 13th Sep, 2024||£905||Book|
|Glasgow17th – 20th Sep, 2024||17th – 20th Sep, 2024||£905||Book|
|Exeter17th – 20th Sep, 2024||17th – 20th Sep, 2024||£905||Book|
|Middlesbrough24th – 27th Sep, 2024||24th – 27th Sep, 2024||£905||Book|
|York8th – 11th Oct, 2024||8th – 11th Oct, 2024||£905||Book|
|London8th – 11th Oct, 2024||8th – 11th Oct, 2024||£1050||Book|
|Oxford15th – 18th Oct, 2024||15th – 18th Oct, 2024||£905||Book|
|Glasgow5th – 8th Nov, 2024||5th – 8th Nov, 2024||£905||Book|
|Birmingham12th – 15th Nov, 2024||12th – 15th Nov, 2024||£905||Book|
|Cardiff12th – 15th Nov, 2024||12th – 15th Nov, 2024||£905||Book|
|Manchester19th – 22nd Nov, 2024||19th – 22nd Nov, 2024||£905||Book|
|Brighton26th – 29th Nov, 2024||26th – 29th Nov, 2024||£905||Book|
|London3rd – 6th Dec, 2024||3rd – 6th Dec, 2024||£1050||Book|
|Oxford10th – 13th Dec, 2024||10th – 13th Dec, 2024||£905||Book|
|Edinburgh10th – 13th Dec, 2024||10th – 13th Dec, 2024||£905||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 4 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A professionally bound, full colour and illustrated course text book.
- A full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes all onward training materials (agendas, PowerPoints, notes, handouts, quizzes etc), additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools and four modules of moving and handling practical skills videos.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the course price.