People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate
Our flagship course has established EDGE as one of the leading providers of training to the healthcare and social care sectors.
This four day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and handling of people and in the conducting of manual handling risk assessments.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for those with a responsibility for health and safety and welfare of staff and clients with regards to the moving and handling of people.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour ‘open-book’ test to determine your theoretical understanding of the course content;
- delivery of a group mini-training session in order to practice teaching skills, organisation and delivery of appropriate course content;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for two years, endorsed by the College of Occupational Therapists and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of ergonomics and anthropometrics
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of up-to-date practical skills in the moving and handling of adults in a care setting;
- to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|Brighton5th – 8th Dec, 2017||5th – 8th Dec, 2017||£750||Book|
|Manchester18th – 21st Dec, 2017||18th – 21st Dec, 2017||£750||Book|
|York8th – 11th Jan, 2018||8th – 11th Jan, 2018||£750||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)9th – 12th Jan, 2018||9th – 12th Jan, 2018||£750||Book|
|London23rd – 26th Jan, 2018||23rd – 26th Jan, 2018||£880||Book|
|Glasgow30th Jan – 2nd Feb, 2018||30th Jan – 2nd Feb, 2018||£750||Book|
|Birmingham6th – 9th Feb, 2018||6th – 9th Feb, 2018||£750||Book|
|Manchester13th – 16th Feb, 2018||13th – 16th Feb, 2018||£750||Book|
|Exeter13th – 16th Feb, 2018||13th – 16th Feb, 2018||£750||Book|
|London20th – 23rd Feb, 2018||20th – 23rd Feb, 2018||£880||Book|
|Edinburgh27th Feb – 2nd Mar, 2018||27th Feb – 2nd Mar, 2018||£750||Book|
|Cardiff13th – 16th Mar, 2018||13th – 16th Mar, 2018||£750||Book|
|Peterborough13th – 16th Mar, 2018||13th – 16th Mar, 2018||£750||Book|
|Glasgow26th – 29th Mar, 2018||26th – 29th Mar, 2018||£750||Book|
|York26th – 29th Mar, 2018||26th – 29th Mar, 2018||£750||Book|
|London3rd – 6th Apr, 2018||3rd – 6th Apr, 2018||£880||Book|
|Birmingham10th – 13th Apr, 2018||10th – 13th Apr, 2018||£750||Book|
|Manchester1st – 4th May, 2018||1st – 4th May, 2018||£750||Book|
|London8th – 11th May, 2018||8th – 11th May, 2018||£880||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)15th – 18th May, 2018||15th – 18th May, 2018||£750||Book|
|York22nd – 25th May, 2018||22nd – 25th May, 2018||£750||Book|
|Glasgow29th May – 1st Jun, 2018||29th May – 1st Jun, 2018||£750||Book|
|Brighton12th – 15th Jun, 2018||12th – 15th Jun, 2018||£750||Book|
|Birmingham19th – 22nd Jun, 2018||19th – 22nd Jun, 2018||£750||Book|
|London21st – 22nd Jun, 2018||21st – 22nd Jun, 2018||£520||Book|
|London26th – 29th Jun, 2018||26th – 29th Jun, 2018||£880||Book|
|York17th – 20th Jul, 2018||17th – 20th Jul, 2018||£750||Book|
|Glasgow31st Jul – 3rd Aug, 2018||31st Jul – 3rd Aug, 2018||£750||Book|
|London7th – 11th Aug, 2018||7th – 11th Aug, 2018||£880||Book|
|Birmingham28th – 31st Aug, 2018||28th – 31st Aug, 2018||£750||Book|
|Manchester4th – 7th Sep, 2018||4th – 7th Sep, 2018||£750||Book|
|Exeter11th – 14th Sep, 2018||11th – 14th Sep, 2018||£750||Book|
|Peterborough18th – 21st Sep, 2018||18th – 21st Sep, 2018||£750||Book|
|Edinburgh25th – 28th Sep, 2018||25th – 28th Sep, 2018||£750||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)25th – 28th Sep, 2018||25th – 28th Sep, 2018||£750||Book|
|York9th – 12th Oct, 2018||9th – 12th Oct, 2018||£750||Book|
|Cardiff16th – 19th Oct, 2018||16th – 19th Oct, 2018||£750||Book|
|London23rd – 26th Oct, 2018||23rd – 26th Oct, 2018||£880||Book|
|Glasgow6th – 9th Nov, 2018||6th – 9th Nov, 2018||£750||Book|
|Birmingham27th – 30th Nov, 2018||27th – 30th Nov, 2018||£750||Book|
|London4th – 7th Dec, 2018||4th – 7th Dec, 2018||£880||Book|
|Brighton11th – 14th Dec, 2018||11th – 14th Dec, 2018||£750||Book|
|Manchester18th Dec – 21st Sep, 2018||18th Dec – 21st Sep, 2018||£750||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 4 day course, anywhere in the UK|
|Up to 10 Delegates:||£3,900 + VAT||Make Enquiry|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 202 page professionally bound, full colour course text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses.
- A 27 page full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips.
All the above and more are included in the course price.