People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate
Our flagship course has established EDGE as one of the leading providers of training to the healthcare and social care sectors.
This four day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and handling of people and in the conducting of manual handling risk assessments.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for those with a responsibility for health and safety and welfare of staff and clients with regards to the moving and handling of people.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour, 15 minute ‘open-book’ assignment to determine your theoretical understanding of the course content;
- completion of a risk assessment document based on a case study as a group activity;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
This course is accredited as a Level 4 Award by RoSPA Qualifications. Furthermore, it is a Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) Approved Learning Award, certified by the CPD Certification Service and aligned to the Skills for Care Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Upon successful completion of this training you will receive a certificate from EDGE Services and a Level 4 Award from RoSPA Qualifications. Both certificates are valid for two years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of ergonomics and anthropometrics
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of up-to-date practical skills in the moving and handling of adults in a care setting;
- to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|London2nd – 5th Mar, 2021||2nd – 5th Mar, 2021||£910||Book|
|Peterborough16th – 19th Mar, 2021||16th – 19th Mar, 2021||£780||Book|
|Glasgow29th Mar – 2nd Apr, 2021||29th Mar – 2nd Apr, 2021||£780||Call Us|
|Cardiff13th – 16th Apr, 2021||13th – 16th Apr, 2021||£780||Book|
|Birmingham27th – 30th Apr, 2021||27th – 30th Apr, 2021||£780||Call Us|
|London4th – 7th May, 2021||4th – 7th May, 2021||£910||Book|
|Exeter11th – 14th May, 2021||11th – 14th May, 2021||£780||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)18th – 21st May, 2021||18th – 21st May, 2021||£780||Book|
|Glasgow18th – 21st May, 2021||18th – 21st May, 2021||£780||Book|
|York25th – 28th May, 2021||25th – 28th May, 2021||£780||Book|
|Glasgow8th – 11th Jun, 2021||8th – 11th Jun, 2021||£780||Book|
|London8th – 11th Jun, 2021||8th – 11th Jun, 2021||£910||Book|
|Manchester15th – 18th Jun, 2021||15th – 18th Jun, 2021||£780||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)22nd – 25th Jun, 2021||22nd – 25th Jun, 2021||£780||Book|
|Birmingham29th Jun – 2nd Jul, 2021||29th Jun – 2nd Jul, 2021||£780||Book|
|York6th – 9th Jul, 2021||6th – 9th Jul, 2021||£780||Book|
|Cardiff6th – 9th Jul, 2021||6th – 9th Jul, 2021||£780||Book|
|Brighton13th – 16th Jul, 2021||13th – 16th Jul, 2021||£780||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)13th – 16th Jul, 2021||13th – 16th Jul, 2021||£780||Book|
|Edinburgh13th – 16th Jul, 2021||13th – 16th Jul, 2021||£780||Book|
|London3rd – 6th Aug, 2021||3rd – 6th Aug, 2021||£910||Book|
|Glasgow31st Aug – 3rd Sep, 2021||31st Aug – 3rd Sep, 2021||£780||Book|
|Birmingham7th – 10th Sep, 2021||7th – 10th Sep, 2021||£780||Book|
|Exeter14th – 17th Sep, 2021||14th – 17th Sep, 2021||£780||Book|
|Peterborough21st – 24th Sep, 2021||21st – 24th Sep, 2021||£780||Book|
|Edinburgh21st – 24th Sep, 2021||21st – 24th Sep, 2021||£780||Book|
|London28th Sep – 1st Oct, 2021||28th Sep – 1st Oct, 2021||£910||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)5th – 8th Oct, 2021||5th – 8th Oct, 2021||£780||Book|
|York12th – 15th Oct, 2021||12th – 15th Oct, 2021||£780||Book|
|Cardiff19th – 22nd Oct, 2021||19th – 22nd Oct, 2021||£780||Book|
|Glasgow16th – 19th Nov, 2021||16th – 19th Nov, 2021||£780||Book|
|Birmingham16th – 19th Nov, 2021||16th – 19th Nov, 2021||£780||Book|
|London30th Nov – 1st Dec, 2021||30th Nov – 1st Dec, 2021||£910||Book|
|Brighton7th – 10th Dec, 2021||7th – 10th Dec, 2021||£780||Book|
|Manchester14th – 17th Dec, 2021||14th – 17th Dec, 2021||£780||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 4 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 256 page professionally bound, full colour and illustrated course text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses. It also contains over an hour of videoed practical techniques.
- A 27 page full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the course price.