People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate
Our flagship course has established EDGE as one of the leading providers of training to the healthcare and social care sectors.
This four day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and handling of people and in the conducting of manual handling risk assessments.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for those with a responsibility for health and safety and welfare of staff and clients with regards to the moving and handling of people.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour ‘open-book’ assignment to determine your theoretical understanding of the course content;
- completion of a risk assessment document based on a case study as a group activity;
- delivery of a group mini-training session in order to practice teaching skills, organisation and delivery of appropriate course content;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for two years, endorsed by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and certified by the CPD Certification Service. This course is also accredited by RoSPA Qualifications at Level 4.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of ergonomics and anthropometrics
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of up-to-date practical skills in the moving and handling of adults in a care setting;
- to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|Birmingham5th – 8th Mar, 2019||5th – 8th Mar, 2019||£780||Book|
|Cardiff12th – 15th Mar, 2019||12th – 15th Mar, 2019||
|London19th – 22nd Mar, 2019||19th – 22nd Mar, 2019||£910||Book|
|York2nd – 5th Apr, 2019||2nd – 5th Apr, 2019||£780||Book|
|Glasgow15th – 18th Apr, 2019||15th – 18th Apr, 2019||£780||Book|
|Peterborough23rd – 26th Apr, 2019||23rd – 26th Apr, 2019||£780||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)30th Apr – 3rd May, 2019||30th Apr – 3rd May, 2019||£780||Book|
|Brighton21st – 24th May, 2019||21st – 24th May, 2019||£780||Book|
|London28th – 31st May, 2019||28th – 31st May, 2019||£910||Book|
|Birmingham4th – 7th Jun, 2019||4th – 7th Jun, 2019||£780||Book|
|Manchester25th – 28th Jun, 2019||25th – 28th Jun, 2019||£780||Book|
|York16th – 19th Jul, 2019||16th – 19th Jul, 2019||£780||Book|
|London30th Jul – 2nd Aug, 2019||30th Jul – 2nd Aug, 2019||£910||Book|
|Glasgow27th – 30th Aug, 2019||27th – 30th Aug, 2019||£780||Book|
|Exeter3rd – 6th Sep, 2019||3rd – 6th Sep, 2019||£780||Book|
|Peterborough17th – 20th Sep, 2019||17th – 20th Sep, 2019||£780||Book|
|Edinburgh24th – 27th Sep, 2019||24th – 27th Sep, 2019||£780||Book|
|London1st – 4th Oct, 2019||1st – 4th Oct, 2019||£910||Book|
|Birmingham8th – 11th Oct, 2019||8th – 11th Oct, 2019||£780||Book|
|Cardiff15th – 18th Oct, 2019||15th – 18th Oct, 2019||£780||Book|
|York22nd – 25th Oct, 2019||22nd – 25th Oct, 2019||£780||Book|
|Glasgow29th Oct – 1st Nov, 2019||29th Oct – 1st Nov, 2019||£780||Book|
|Brighton26th – 29th Nov, 2019||26th – 29th Nov, 2019||£780||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)3rd – 6th Dec, 2019||3rd – 6th Dec, 2019||£780||Book|
|London10th – 13th Dec, 2019||10th – 13th Dec, 2019||£910||Book|
|Manchester16th – 19th Dec, 2019||16th – 19th Dec, 2019||£780||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 4 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 234 page professionally bound, full colour and illustrated course text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses. It also contains over an hour of videoed practical techniques.
- A 27 page full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the course price.