People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate
Our flagship course has established EDGE as one of the leading providers of training to the healthcare and social care sectors.
This four day course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to train others in the moving and handling of people and in the conducting of manual handling risk assessments.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for those with a responsibility for health and safety and welfare of staff and clients with regards to the moving and handling of people.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a one hour, 15 minute ‘open-book’ assignment to determine your theoretical understanding of the course content;
- completion of a risk assessment document based on a case study as a group activity;
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously over the final two days of the course.
This course is accredited as a Level 4 Award by RoSPA Qualifications. Furthermore, it is a Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) Approved Learning Award, certified by the CPD Certification Service and aligned to the Skills for Care Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Upon successful completion of this training you will receive a certificate from EDGE Services and a Level 4 Award from RoSPA Qualifications. Both certificates are valid for two years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant legislation that affects you, your job, your employer and employees;
- understand the workings of the spine and how to reduce the risks of spinal injury;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of the principles of biomechanics;
- be able to demonstrate an appreciation of ergonomics and anthropometrics
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of risk assessment;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of up-to-date practical skills in the moving and handling of adults in a care setting;
- to demonstrate the skills and confidence to convey manual handling knowledge and skills to others.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|Birmingham16th – 19th Nov, 2021||16th – 19th Nov, 2021||£820||Full|
|Glasgow7th – 10th Dec, 2021||7th – 10th Dec, 2021||£820||Full|
|Brighton7th – 10th Dec, 2021||7th – 10th Dec, 2021||£820||Full|
|Manchester14th – 17th Dec, 2021||14th – 17th Dec, 2021||£820||Full|
|London11th – 14th Jan, 2022||11th – 14th Jan, 2022||£955||Full|
|York18th – 21st Jan, 2022||18th – 21st Jan, 2022||£820||Full|
|Oxford18th – 21st Jan, 2022||18th – 21st Jan, 2022||£820||Book|
|Glasgow25th – 28th Jan, 2022||25th – 28th Jan, 2022||£820||Book|
|Manchester1st – 4th Feb, 2022||1st – 4th Feb, 2022||£820||Book|
|Birmingham8th – 11th Feb, 2022||8th – 11th Feb, 2022||£820||Book|
|Exeter8th – 11th Feb, 2022||8th – 11th Feb, 2022||£820||Book|
|London15th – 18th Feb, 2022||15th – 18th Feb, 2022||£955||Book|
|Edinburgh22nd – 25th Feb, 2022||22nd – 25th Feb, 2022||£820||Book|
|Brighton22nd – 25th Feb, 2022||22nd – 25th Feb, 2022||£820||Book|
|Glasgow8th – 11th Mar, 2022||8th – 11th Mar, 2022||£820||Book|
|Cardiff8th – 11th Mar, 2022||8th – 11th Mar, 2022||£820||Book|
|York15th – 18th Mar, 2022||15th – 18th Mar, 2022||£820||Book|
|Oxford22nd – 25th Mar, 2022||22nd – 25th Mar, 2022||£820||Book|
|Edinburgh5th – 8th Apr, 2022||5th – 8th Apr, 2022||£820||Book|
|London11th – 14th Apr, 2022||11th – 14th Apr, 2022||£955||Book|
|Birmingham19th – 22nd Apr, 2022||19th – 22nd Apr, 2022||£820||Book|
|York3rd – 6th May, 2022||3rd – 6th May, 2022||£820||Book|
|Oxford10th – 13th May, 2022||10th – 13th May, 2022||£820||Book|
|Exeter10th – 13th May, 2022||10th – 13th May, 2022||£820||Book|
|Glasgow17th – 20th May, 2022||17th – 20th May, 2022||£820||Book|
|London24th – 27th May, 2022||24th – 27th May, 2022||£955||Book|
|Edinburgh7th – 10th Jun, 2022||7th – 10th Jun, 2022||£820||Book|
|Peterborough14th – 17th Jun, 2022||14th – 17th Jun, 2022||£820||Book|
|Cardiff14th – 17th Jun, 2022||14th – 17th Jun, 2022||£820||Book|
|Manchester21st – 24th Jun, 2022||21st – 24th Jun, 2022||£820||Book|
|Birmingham21st – 24th Jun, 2022||21st – 24th Jun, 2022||£820||Book|
|Brighton28th Jun – 1st Jul, 2022||28th Jun – 1st Jul, 2022||£820||Book|
|London5th – 8th Jul, 2022||5th – 8th Jul, 2022||£955||Book|
|Glasgow5th – 8th Jul, 2022||5th – 8th Jul, 2022||£820||Book|
|Oxford19th – 22nd Jul, 2022||19th – 22nd Jul, 2022||£820||Book|
|York26th – 29th Jul, 2022||26th – 29th Jul, 2022||£820||Book|
|London30th Aug – 2nd Sep, 2022||30th Aug – 2nd Sep, 2022||£955||Book|
|Glasgow30th Aug – 2nd Sep, 2022||30th Aug – 2nd Sep, 2022||£820||Book|
|Birmingham6th – 9th Sep, 2022||6th – 9th Sep, 2022||£820||Book|
|Glasgow13th – 16th Sep, 2022||13th – 16th Sep, 2022||£820||Book|
|Edinburgh20th – 23rd Sep, 2022||20th – 23rd Sep, 2022||£820||Book|
|Peterborough27th – 30th Sep, 2022||27th – 30th Sep, 2022||£820||Book|
|London4th – 7th Oct, 2022||4th – 7th Oct, 2022||£955||Book|
|Oxford11th – 14th Oct, 2022||11th – 14th Oct, 2022||£820||Book|
|Cardiff11th – 14th Oct, 2022||11th – 14th Oct, 2022||£820||Book|
|York18th – 21st Oct, 2022||18th – 21st Oct, 2022||£820||Book|
|Birmingham25th – 28th Oct, 2022||25th – 28th Oct, 2022||£820||Book|
|Edinburgh25th – 28th Oct, 2022||25th – 28th Oct, 2022||£820||Book|
|Glasgow1st – 4th Nov, 2022||1st – 4th Nov, 2022||£820||Book|
|Manchester22nd – 25th Nov, 2022||22nd – 25th Nov, 2022||£820||Book|
|Brighton22nd – 25th Nov, 2022||22nd – 25th Nov, 2022||£820||Book|
|Oxford29th Nov – 2nd Dec, 2022||29th Nov – 2nd Dec, 2022||£820||Book|
|Birmingham6th – 9th Dec, 2022||6th – 9th Dec, 2022||£820||Book|
|Edinburgh6th – 9th Dec, 2022||6th – 9th Dec, 2022||£820||Book|
|London13th – 16th Dec, 2022||13th – 16th Dec, 2022||£955||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 4 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 256 page professionally bound, full colour and illustrated course text book.
- A 27 page full colour ‘Ideas’ book with training tips.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes all onward training materials (agendas, PowerPoints, notes, handouts, quizzes etc), additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools and four modules of moving and handling practical skills videos.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the course price.