People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's Certificate (Refresher/Update)
To update your 'Key Trainer's Certificate' and to ensure that you keep abreast of new legislation and developments in manual handling, EDGE recommend a ‘Refresher/Update’ course at least every two years. This two day course will further advance your professional development and manual handling skills, and provide you with a valuable opportunity to trade experience with others.
Who Will Benefit?
This two day course is designed for those who have previously attended the EDGE ‘People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate’ or similar course. If you have not previously been trained by EDGE you will be required to provide proof of your original qualification (please visit our FAQ section for further details).
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously throughout the course;
- informal Q&A throughout the duration of the course.
This course is assured and regulated as Customised Advanced Level 4 Award by RoSPA Qualifications. Furthermore, it is a Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) Approved Learning Award, certified by the CPD Certification Service and aligned to the Skills for Health Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Upon successful completion of this training you will receive a certificate from EDGE Services and a Customised Advanced Level 4 Award from RoSPA Qualifications. Both certificates are valid for two years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- have been reminded of and made aware of any relevant changes to legislation which affects you, your job, your employers and employees;
- have been reminded of the principles of biomechanics and how they can be applied to the efficient movement of clients;
- have been reminded about ergonomics and anthropometrics as a means for the reduction of manual handling injury;
- have been reminded of the importance of risk assessment;
- have been reminded of the commonly known ‘controversial techniques' and why some manouevres have been classified as such;
- have had the opportunity to practice up-to-date manual handling techniques and to review new handling aids;
- have had the opportunity to assess practical moves using current assessment tools.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|Glasgow5th – 6th Dec, 2023||5th – 6th Dec, 2023||£580||Full|
|Birmingham5th – 6th Dec, 2023||5th – 6th Dec, 2023||£580||Book|
|Manchester7th – 8th Dec, 2023||7th – 8th Dec, 2023||£580||Full|
|Oxford9th – 10th Jan, 2024||9th – 10th Jan, 2024||£580||Book|
|London16th – 17th Jan, 2024||16th – 17th Jan, 2024||£650||Book|
|Peterborough23rd – 24th Jan, 2024||23rd – 24th Jan, 2024||£580||Book|
|Glasgow30th – 31st Jan, 2024||30th – 31st Jan, 2024||£580||Full|
|Edinburgh1st – 2nd Feb, 2024||1st – 2nd Feb, 2024||£580||Book|
|York6th – 7th Feb, 2024||6th – 7th Feb, 2024||£580||Full|
|Birmingham15th – 16th Feb, 2024||15th – 16th Feb, 2024||£580||Book|
|Brighton20th – 21st Feb, 2024||20th – 21st Feb, 2024||£580||Book|
|Manchester20th – 21st Feb, 2024||20th – 21st Feb, 2024||£580||Book|
|London27th – 28th Feb, 2024||27th – 28th Feb, 2024||£650||Book|
|Exeter29th Feb – 1st Mar, 2024||29th Feb – 1st Mar, 2024||£580||Book|
|York27th – 28th Mar, 2024||27th – 28th Mar, 2024||£580||Book|
|Glasgow4th – 5th Apr, 2024||4th – 5th Apr, 2024||£580||Book|
|Birmingham18th – 19th Apr, 2024||18th – 19th Apr, 2024||£580||Book|
|London30th Apr – 1st May, 2024||30th Apr – 1st May, 2024||£650||Book|
|York2nd – 3rd May, 2024||2nd – 3rd May, 2024||£580||Book|
|Edinburgh16th – 17th May, 2024||16th – 17th May, 2024||£580||Book|
|Oxford21st – 22nd May, 2024||21st – 22nd May, 2024||£580||Book|
|Cardiff23rd – 24th May, 2024||23rd – 24th May, 2024||£580||Book|
|Glasgow4th – 5th Jun, 2024||4th – 5th Jun, 2024||£580||Book|
|Manchester6th – 7th Jun, 2024||6th – 7th Jun, 2024||£580||Book|
|Peterborough11th – 12th Jun, 2024||11th – 12th Jun, 2024||£580||Book|
|Exeter13th – 14th Jun, 2024||13th – 14th Jun, 2024||£580||Book|
|Birmingham25th – 26th Jun, 2024||25th – 26th Jun, 2024||£580||Book|
|York4th – 5th Jul, 2024||4th – 5th Jul, 2024||£580||Book|
|Brighton11th – 12th Jul, 2024||11th – 12th Jul, 2024||£580||Book|
|Oxford23rd – 24th Jul, 2024||23rd – 24th Jul, 2024||£580||Book|
|Glasgow6th – 7th Aug, 2024||6th – 7th Aug, 2024||£580||Book|
|Manchester8th – 9th Aug, 2024||8th – 9th Aug, 2024||£905||Book|
|London29th – 30th Aug, 2024||29th – 30th Aug, 2024||£650||Book|
|Peterborough3rd – 4th Sep, 2024||3rd – 4th Sep, 2024||£580||Book|
|Birmingham5th – 6th Sep, 2024||5th – 6th Sep, 2024||£580||Book|
|Exeter12th – 13th Sep, 2024||12th – 13th Sep, 2024||£580||Book|
|Edinburgh24th – 25th Sep, 2024||24th – 25th Sep, 2024||£580||Book|
|Oxford15th – 16th Oct, 2024||15th – 16th Oct, 2024||£580||Book|
|Cardiff17th – 18th Oct, 2024||17th – 18th Oct, 2024||£580||Book|
|London22nd – 23rd Oct, 2024||22nd – 23rd Oct, 2024||£650||Book|
|York31st Oct – 1st Nov, 2024||31st Oct – 1st Nov, 2024||£580||Book|
|Glasgow5th – 6th Nov, 2024||5th – 6th Nov, 2024||£580||Book|
|Brighton26th – 27th Nov, 2024||26th – 27th Nov, 2024||£580||Book|
|London28th – 29th Nov, 2024||28th – 29th Nov, 2024||£650||Book|
|Birmingham5th – 6th Dec, 2024||5th – 6th Dec, 2024||£580||Book|
|Edinburgh10th – 11th Dec, 2024||10th – 11th Dec, 2024||£580||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 2 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A professionally bound, full colour and illustrated course text book.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes all onward training materials (agendas, PowerPoints, notes, handouts, quizzes etc), additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools and four modules of moving and handling practical skills videos.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the price.