People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's Certificate (Refresher/Update)
To update your 'Key Trainer's Certificate' and to ensure that you keep abreast of new legislation and developments in manual handling, EDGE recommend a ‘Refresher/Update’ course at least every two years. This two day course will further advance your professional development and manual handling skills, and provide you with a valuable opportunity to trade experience with others.
Who Will Benefit?
This two day course is designed for those who have previously attended the EDGE ‘People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate’ or simliar course. If you have not previously been trained by EDGE you will be required to provide proof of your original qualification (please visit our FAQ section for further details).
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously throughout the course;
- informal Q&A throughout the duration of the course.
This course is accredited as an Advanced Level 4 Award by RoSPA Qualifications. Furthermore, it is a Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) Approved Learning Award, certified by the CPD Certification Service and aligned to the Skills for Care Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). Upon successful completion of this training you will receive a certificate from EDGE Services and an Advanced Level 4 Award from RoSPA Qualifications. Both certificates are valid for two years.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- have been reminded of and made aware of any relevant changes to legislation which affects you, your job, your employers and employees;
- have been reminded of the principles of biomechanics and how they can be applied to the efficient movement of clients;
- have been reminded about ergonomics and anthropometrics as a means for the reduction of manual handling injury;
- have been reminded of the importance of risk assessment;
- have been reminded of the commonly known ‘controversial techniques' and why some manouevres have been classified as such;
- have had the opportunity to practice up-to-date manual handling techniques and to review new handling aids;
- have had the opportunity to assess practical moves using current assessment tools.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|London30th – 31st Jan, 2020||30th – 31st Jan, 2020||£565||Book|
|Manchester4th – 5th Feb, 2020||4th – 5th Feb, 2020||£500||Call Us|
|Glasgow6th – 7th Feb, 2020||6th – 7th Feb, 2020||£500||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)11th – 12th Feb, 2020||11th – 12th Feb, 2020||£500||Book|
|London13th – 14th Feb, 2020||13th – 14th Feb, 2020||£565||Book|
|York13th – 14th Feb, 2020||13th – 14th Feb, 2020||£500||Book|
|Birmingham27th – 28th Feb, 2020||27th – 28th Feb, 2020||£500||Book|
|Glasgow12th – 13th Mar, 2020||12th – 13th Mar, 2020||£500||Book|
|Cardiff17th – 18th Mar, 2020||17th – 18th Mar, 2020||£500||Book|
|Edinburgh24th – 25th Mar, 2020||24th – 25th Mar, 2020||£500||Book|
|Peterborough24th – 25th Mar, 2020||24th – 25th Mar, 2020||£500||Book|
|London26th – 27th Mar, 2020||26th – 27th Mar, 2020||£565||Book|
|Exeter31st Mar – 1st Apr, 2020||31st Mar – 1st Apr, 2020||£500||Book|
|York31st Mar – 1st Apr, 2020||31st Mar – 1st Apr, 2020||£500||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)2nd – 3rd Apr, 2020||2nd – 3rd Apr, 2020||£500||Book|
|Birmingham16th – 17th Apr, 2020||16th – 17th Apr, 2020||£500||Book|
|Glasgow30th Apr – 1st May, 2020||30th Apr – 1st May, 2020||£500||Book|
|London12th – 13th May, 2020||12th – 13th May, 2020||£565||Book|
|Manchester19th – 20th May, 2020||19th – 20th May, 2020||£500||Book|
|Birmingham26th – 27th May, 2020||26th – 27th May, 2020||£500||Book|
|Glasgow26th – 27th May, 2020||26th – 27th May, 2020||£500||Book|
|York28th – 29th May, 2020||28th – 29th May, 2020||£500||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)2nd – 3rd Jun, 2020||2nd – 3rd Jun, 2020||£500||Book|
|London23rd – 24th Jun, 2020||23rd – 24th Jun, 2020||£565||Book|
|Birmingham25th – 26th Jun, 2020||25th – 26th Jun, 2020||£500||Book|
|Brighton30th Jun – 1st Jul, 2020||30th Jun – 1st Jul, 2020||£500||Book|
|London2nd – 3rd Jul, 2020||2nd – 3rd Jul, 2020||£565||Book|
|Glasgow9th – 10th Jul, 2020||9th – 10th Jul, 2020||£500||Book|
|Manchester28th – 29th Jul, 2020||28th – 29th Jul, 2020||£500||Book|
|Birmingham30th – 31st Jul, 2020||30th – 31st Jul, 2020||£500||Book|
|York11th – 12th Aug, 2020||11th – 12th Aug, 2020||£500||Book|
|Glasgow13th – 14th Aug, 2020||13th – 14th Aug, 2020||£500||Book|
|Manchester1st – 2nd Sep, 2020||1st – 2nd Sep, 2020||£500||Book|
|London8th – 9th Sep, 2020||8th – 9th Sep, 2020||£565||Book|
|Peterborough17th – 18th Sep, 2020||17th – 18th Sep, 2020||£500||Book|
|Cardiff22nd – 23rd Sep, 2020||22nd – 23rd Sep, 2020||£500||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)24th – 25th Sep, 2020||24th – 25th Sep, 2020||£500||Book|
|Edinburgh1st – 2nd Oct, 2020||1st – 2nd Oct, 2020||£500||Book|
|Exeter6th – 7th Oct, 2020||6th – 7th Oct, 2020||£500||Book|
|London13th – 14th Oct, 2020||13th – 14th Oct, 2020||£565||Book|
|Glasgow27th – 28th Oct, 2020||27th – 28th Oct, 2020||£500||Book|
|York29th – 30th Oct, 2020||29th – 30th Oct, 2020||£500||Book|
|Brighton10th – 11th Nov, 2020||10th – 11th Nov, 2020||£500||Book|
|London12th – 13th Nov, 2020||12th – 13th Nov, 2020||£565||Book|
|Birmingham19th – 20th Nov, 2020||19th – 20th Nov, 2020||£500||Book|
|Glasgow26th – 27th Nov, 2020||26th – 27th Nov, 2020||£500||Book|
|Brighton15th – 16th Dec, 2020||15th – 16th Dec, 2020||£500||Book|
|London21st – 22nd Dec, 2020||21st – 22nd Dec, 2020||£565||Book|
|Manchester21st – 22nd Dec, 2020||21st – 22nd Dec, 2020||£500||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 2 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 256 page professionally bound, full colour and illustrated course text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses. It also contains over an hour of videoed practical techniques.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the price.