People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's Certificate (Refresher/Update)
To update your 'Key Trainer's Certificate' and to ensure that you keep abreast of new legislation and developments in manual handling, EDGE recommend a ‘Refresher/Update’ course at least every two years. This two day course will further advance your professional development and manual handling skills, and provide you with a valuable opportunity to trade experience with others.
Who Will Benefit?
This two day course is designed for those who have previously attended the EDGE ‘People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate’ or simliar course. If you have not previously been trained by EDGE you will be required to provide proof of your original qualification (please visit our FAQ section for further details).
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously throughout the course;
- informal Q&A throughout the duration of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for two years, endorsed by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and certified by the CPD Certification Service. This course is also accredited by RoSPA Qualifications at Advanced Level 4.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- have been reminded of and made aware of any relevant changes to legislation which affects you, your job, your employers and employees;
- have been reminded of the principles of biomechanics and how they can be applied to the efficient movement of clients;
- have been reminded about ergonomics and anthropometrics as a means for the reduction of manual handling injury;
- have been reminded of the importance of risk assessment;
- have been reminded of the commonly known ‘controversial techniques' and why some manouevres have been classified as such;
- have had the opportunity to practice up-to-date manual handling techniques and to review new handling aids;
- have had the opportunity to assess practical moves using current assessment tools.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|York20th – 21st Mar, 2018||20th – 21st Mar, 2018||£500||Book|
|Birmingham22nd – 23rd Mar, 2018||22nd – 23rd Mar, 2018||£500||Book|
|Peterborough26th – 27th Mar, 2018||26th – 27th Mar, 2018||£500||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)28th – 29th Mar, 2018||28th – 29th Mar, 2018||£500||Book|
|Glasgow3rd – 4th Apr, 2018||3rd – 4th Apr, 2018||£500||Book|
|York24th – 25th Apr, 2018||24th – 25th Apr, 2018||£500||Book|
|Birmingham26th – 27th Apr, 2018||26th – 27th Apr, 2018||£500||Book|
|Manchester1st – 2nd May, 2018||1st – 2nd May, 2018||£500||Book|
|Glasgow3rd – 4th May, 2018||3rd – 4th May, 2018||£500||Book|
|York8th – 9th May, 2018||8th – 9th May, 2018||£500||Book|
|London17th – 18th May, 2018||17th – 18th May, 2018||£550||Call Us|
|Cardiff5th – 6th Jun, 2018||5th – 6th Jun, 2018||£500||Book|
|Birmingham7th – 8th Jun, 2018||7th – 8th Jun, 2018||£500||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)19th – 20th Jun, 2018||19th – 20th Jun, 2018||£500||Book|
|London21st – 22nd Jun, 2018||21st – 22nd Jun, 2018||£550||Book|
|Manchester26th – 27th Jun, 2018||26th – 27th Jun, 2018||£500||Book|
|York3rd – 4th Jul, 2018||3rd – 4th Jul, 2018||£500||Book|
|Glasgow5th – 6th Jul, 2018||5th – 6th Jul, 2018||£500||Book|
|Birmingham19th – 20th Jul, 2018||19th – 20th Jul, 2018||£500||Book|
|Brighton24th – 25th Jul, 2018||24th – 25th Jul, 2018||£500||Book|
|London26th – 27th Jul, 2018||26th – 27th Jul, 2018||£550||Book|
|Manchester30th – 31st Aug, 2018||30th – 31st Aug, 2018||£500||Book|
|Glasgow4th – 5th Sep, 2018||4th – 5th Sep, 2018||£500||Book|
|Oxfordshire (Banbury)4th – 5th Sep, 2018||4th – 5th Sep, 2018||£500||Book|
|London6th – 7th Sep, 2018||6th – 7th Sep, 2018||£550||Book|
|Peterborough11th – 12th Sep, 2018||11th – 12th Sep, 2018||£500||Book|
|York2nd – 3rd Oct, 2018||2nd – 3rd Oct, 2018||£500||Book|
|Edinburgh4th – 5th Oct, 2018||4th – 5th Oct, 2018||£500||Book|
|Exeter9th – 10th Oct, 2018||9th – 10th Oct, 2018||£500||Book|
|Cardiff11th – 12th Oct, 2018||11th – 12th Oct, 2018||£500||Book|
|London16th – 17th Oct, 2018||16th – 17th Oct, 2018||£550||Book|
|Glasgow1st – 2nd Nov, 2018||1st – 2nd Nov, 2018||£500||Book|
|Birmingham1st – 2nd Nov, 2018||1st – 2nd Nov, 2018||£500||Book|
|Manchester13th – 14th Nov, 2018||13th – 14th Nov, 2018||£500||Book|
|London20th – 21st Nov, 2018||20th – 21st Nov, 2018||£550||Book|
|York22nd – 23rd Nov, 2018||22nd – 23rd Nov, 2018||£500||Book|
|Brighton4th – 5th Dec, 2018||4th – 5th Dec, 2018||£500||Book|
|Glasgow6th – 7th Dec, 2018||6th – 7th Dec, 2018||£500||Book|
|Manchester18th – 19th Dec, 2018||18th – 19th Dec, 2018||£500||Book|
|London20th – 21st Dec, 2018||20th – 21st Dec, 2018||£550||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 2 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 234 page professionally bound, full colour and illustrated course text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses. It also contains over an hour of videoed practical techniques.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the price.