People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer's Certificate (Refresher/Update)
To update your 'Key Trainer's Certificate' and to ensure that you keep abreast of new legislation and developments in manual handling, EDGE recommend a ‘Refresher/Update’ course at least every two years. This two day course will further advance your professional development and manual handling skills, and provide you with a valuable opportunity to trade experience with others.
Who Will Benefit?
This two day course is designed for those who have previously attended the EDGE ‘People Handling and Risk Assessment Key Trainer’s Certificate’ or simliar course. If you have not previously been trained by EDGE you will be required to provide proof of your original qualification (please visit our FAQ section for further details).
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a practical skills assessment, which takes place continuously throughout the course;
- informal Q&A throughout the duration of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for two years, endorsed by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and certified by the CPD Certification Service. This course is also accredited by RoSPA Qualifications at Advanced Level 4.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- have been reminded of and made aware of any relevant changes to legislation which affects you, your job, your employers and employees;
- have been reminded of the principles of biomechanics and how they can be applied to the efficient movement of clients;
- have been reminded about ergonomics and anthropometrics as a means for the reduction of manual handling injury;
- have been reminded of the importance of risk assessment;
- have been reminded of the commonly known ‘controversial techniques' and why some manouevres have been classified as such;
- have had the opportunity to practice up-to-date manual handling techniques and to review new handling aids;
- have had the opportunity to assess practical moves using current assessment tools.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|Peterborough3rd – 4th Sep, 2019||3rd – 4th Sep, 2019||£500||Call Us|
|York5th – 6th Sep, 2019||5th – 6th Sep, 2019||£500||Book|
|Manchester10th – 11th Sep, 2019||10th – 11th Sep, 2019||£500||Book|
|Brighton10th – 11th Sep, 2019||10th – 11th Sep, 2019||£500||Call Us|
|London12th – 13th Sep, 2019||12th – 13th Sep, 2019||£565||Book|
|Glasgow12th – 13th Sep, 2019||12th – 13th Sep, 2019||£500||Book|
|Birmingham3rd – 4th Oct, 2019||3rd – 4th Oct, 2019||£500||Book|
|Edinburgh10th – 11th Oct, 2019||10th – 11th Oct, 2019||£500||Book|
|London17th – 18th Oct, 2019||17th – 18th Oct, 2019||£565||Book|
|Glasgow24th – 25th Oct, 2019||24th – 25th Oct, 2019||£500||Book|
|Cardiff29th – 30th Oct, 2019||29th – 30th Oct, 2019||£500||Book|
|York31st Oct – 1st Nov, 2019||31st Oct – 1st Nov, 2019||£500||Book|
|London7th – 8th Nov, 2019||7th – 8th Nov, 2019||£565||Book|
|York14th – 15th Nov, 2019||14th – 15th Nov, 2019||£500||Book|
|Birmingham28th – 29th Nov, 2019||28th – 29th Nov, 2019||£500||Book|
|Brighton10th – 11th Dec, 2019||10th – 11th Dec, 2019||£500||Book|
|London12th – 13th Dec, 2019||12th – 13th Dec, 2019||£565||Book|
|Manchester16th – 17th Dec, 2019||16th – 17th Dec, 2019||£500||Book|
|Glasgow18th – 19th Dec, 2019||18th – 19th Dec, 2019||£500||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 2 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 234 page professionally bound, full colour and illustrated course text book.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses. It also contains over an hour of videoed practical techniques.
- Access to our exclusive online Resource Library which includes additional Information Sheets, Skills Sheets and Training Tools.
- Access to our exclusive e-learning programme designed to cover the theory content of people handling training for ‘front-line’ staff.
All the above and more are included in the price.