People Handling Certificate
This one day course will train you in the skills of safer people handling.
Who Will Benefit?
This one day course is ideal for all healthcare and social care staff who are involved in the moving and handling of people.
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- practical assessment by trainer;
- a short Q&A session which will assess your understanding of the theoretical component.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for one year, endorsed by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you will:
- understand how current legislation affects you as employees, and how it affects your employer;
- understand the workings of the spine with relation to the ways in which you conduct manual handling tasks, and be better able to avoid back injuries caused by poor posture and inefficient movement;
- be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of commonly known ‘controversial techniques’;
- be able to demonstrate your ability to move and handle clients using only safer handling techniques.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|This 1 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 31 page professionally printed and illustrated, full colour course text book.
The above and more are included in the price.