Understanding and Managing Behaviour that Challenges Key Trainer's Certificate (Refresher/Update)
In the delivery of this training EDGE only use trainers that are members of the Institute of Conflict Management (ICM) and operate to the ICM Code of Practice.
To update your 'Key Trainer's Certificate' and to ensure that you keep abreast of new legislation and developments in challenging behaviour, EDGE and the ICM recommend a ‘Refresher/Update’ course every year. This one day course will further advance your professional development, de-escalation and breakaway skills, and provide you with a valuable opportunity to trade experiences with others.
Who Will Benefit?
This one day course is designed for those who have previously attended the EDGE ‘Understanding and Managing Behaviour that Challenges Key Trainer’s Certificate’ or simliar course. If you have not previously been trained by EDGE you will be required to provide proof of your original qualification (please visit our FAQ section for further details).
Assessment and Certification
Course assessment comprises:
- a practical skills assessment - which takes place continuously throughout the course;
- informal Q&A throughout the duration of the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate from EDGE which is valid for one year and certified by the CPD Certification Service.
Course Aims and Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course you shall:
- have been reminded of and made aware of any relevant changes to legislation with regards to the management of individuals displaying challenging behaviour;
- have been reminded of the legal implications of restraint;
- have been reminded of the importance of risk assessments and the completion of accident and incident documentation;
- have had the opportunity to practice up-to-date de-escalation and breakaway techniques using role-play scenarios.
This unique service provides invaluable support to you after the course has finished. Our helpful trainers are available to answer any queries you may have once you return to work.View Frequently Asked Questions for this course
|York8th April 2019||8th April 2019||£285||Book|
|Birmingham8th July 2019||8th July 2019||£285||Book|
|Glasgow18th November 2019||18th November 2019||£285||Book|
A 5% Discount for 2 or more delegates
|This 1 day course is available in-house across the UK|
Course Materials Comprise of:
- A 160 page full colour course text book that is professionally bound.
- A delegate CD ROM containing all notes, handouts, delegate quizzes etc that you would need to deliver your own training courses. It also contains over an hour of videoed practical techniques.
All the above and more are included in the price.